Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web

Register to do business with the Federal Government

If you are interested in selling your products or services to the Federal Government you must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM).


What is SAM?


The System for Award Management (SAM) is a Federal Government owned and operated free web site for: Entity Information (Contractor's Registrations, Disaster Response Registry, Exclusions, and Responsibility/ Qualification), Contract Opportunities (was, Contract Data (reports only from, Wage Determinations, Federal Hierarchy, Assistance Listings and Entity Reporting.


Current and potential government vendors are required to register in SAM in order to be awarded contracts by the Government. Vendors are required to complete a one-time registration to provide basic information relevant to procurement and financial transactions. Vendors must update or renew their registration annually to maintain an active status. 


Who must register in SAM (System for Award Management)?


  1. If you’re a business interested in selling to the Federal Government, getting your SAM Registration is mandatory. A SAM registration, is the first step to doing business with the largest single consumer in the world. 
  2. If you are an organization interested in receiving federal grants, incentives or federal assistance.


All federal agencies use the SAM database to identify businesses registered to do business with the Federal Government. SAM is also a marketing tool for businesses. SAM allows Government agencies and contractors to search for your company based on your ability, size, location, experience, ownership, and more. SAM allows users to search for firms certified by the SBA under the 8(a) Development, Hubzone, Women and Veteran owned programs.


How much does the SAM registration costs?


SAM is completely FREE. You do not have to pay anything for the registration. For small business looking to sell to the Federal Government, FeCC will provide the required guidance and assistant to complete the SAM registration. 

If you are an organizations interested in grants, incentives and other federal assistance, there are trained personnel in the UPR Resiliency Law Center, Email:, telephone: 787-999-9590.


What do you need before starting the SAM registration?


  1. Your business or agency’s taxpayer identification number (TIN), or your SSN if you are a sole proprietor when you register.
  2. Companies interested in selling to the government will need to identify their appropriate applicable NAICS and Product / Service codes for your business. Click here to identify the NAICS and Product/Service Codes.
  3. Your business or organization bank’s routing and account number
  4. Your business or organization start date (M/D/Y)
  5. The average number of employees of the last 12 months
  6. The average total revenues of the last five years 
  7. You may also need official documents to validate company name, year of incorporation, if applicable, and physical address of the business. Click here for a list of accepatable documents


To see a comprehensive instructions and checklist for entity registration, you may download the Entity Registration Checklist


Request an appointment Today!


Having an established business, email capability, and interest in the federal market are the only criteria for participating in the program.


About Us

The Puerto Rico Federal Contracting Center (FeCC), an APEX Accelerator, is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the US Deparment of Defense.


Our Service

The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the FeCC does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DoD.

Contact Info

Federal Contracting Center

Fomento Building - Office 107

355 F.D. Roosevelt Ave. Hato Rey, PR 00918

787-758-4747 Ext. 3181